Hacked chicken is generally served as a cold appetizer. If prepared correctly, the marinade makes it a spicy dish
This originated with our friend Joanne Luciano. We’ve modified it a bit over the years and it’s now one of Lesley’s signature dishes.
- 1 frying chicken cut up (1.5 lbs.) boiled, skinned, and meat off bone and shredded(hacked)
- 4 T soy sauce(at least)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 T crunchy peanut butter (or more)
- 1 T Hot red pepper oil (or Chili paste with garlic)
- 2 T vinegar(at least)
- 1/2 tsp bl pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 T sesame oil (chinese dark sesame oil)
- 1 large bunch scallions cut 2″ pieces, then shredded to match the chicken
Mix marinade and adjust the taste – it will taste hotter (spicier) than it tastes when mixed with the chicken.
Arrange the scallions on plate, arrange the chicken atop the scallions, and pour sauce over the chicken.
Note: Sliced cucumber is also good with this. I have made this a holiday pot luck dish by putting the scallions in a tree or wreath shape and decorating with pieces of red bell pepper etc.